Learn more about UAE Family Visa eligibility and the application process. Know more about visa for parents, spouse, and children in the UAE all in one place.
Who is eligible to sponsor a UAE family visa?
- A) Salary Requirements:
- Male expats with a minimum monthly salary of AED 4,000 per month or AED 3,000 per month and accommodation.
- Female expats with a minimum monthly salary of AED 10,000 or AED 8,000 plus accommodation
- B) Medical Fitness Requirements:
- All family members who are applying for a Residence Visa in UAE and are over the age of 18 are required to clear a medical fitness test taken at any government-approved health center in the UAE. They will be tested for HIV and Tuberculosis.
*In a case where an applicant is diagnosed with dormant or inactive pulmonary tuberculosis, a yearly Health Fitness Certificate for residence is issued subject to treatment and follow-up by the Department of Medicine or any equivalent government health body.
- Which family members can be sponsored?
- Sponsoring your wife (two spouses): If you are a Muslim resident, then you can sponsor two wives if you meet certain terms set out by the GDRFA.
- Sponsoring your daughter: You can sponsor your daughter/daughters if they are unmarried.
- Sponsoring your son: You can sponsor your son if he is 18 or under.
If you have a son over the age of 18, you can still sponsor him if he is a student and only up to the age of 21. Additionally, to maintain his UAE Visa he is required to enter UAE every 6 months in case he is studying abroad, or else his Visa will be canceled.
- Sponsoring your parents (Parents Visa UAE) You can sponsor your parents, provided the following conditions are met:
- Both parents have to be sponsored unless one of them has passed away.
- You have to pay a deposit as a guarantee for each parent.
- Both parents should have a medical insurance policy.
- Your monthly minimum salary should be AED 20,000 or AED 19,000 plus a two-bedroom accommodation.
- Sponsoring stepchildren. A written No Objection Certificate from the biological parent must be submitted and the Child visa Dubai for your stepchildren is valid for one year and can be renewed.
Requirements for a woman sponsoring her family members for a UAE family visa:
- A woman can sponsor her husband and her children.
- If the husband can sponsor the children, the wife is not eligible to do it herself. It has to be the husband who sponsors the children.
- She has to earn a minimum monthly salary of AED 10,000 or alternatively AED 8,000 plus accommodation to apply for the husband visa in UAE.
- She has to work as an engineer, teacher, or in a profession related to the medical sector (doctor, nurse, etc). Exceptions are granted in certain cases with approval from DRND to apply for either the Spouse visa in UAE/child visa in UAE or both. If the woman has a sufficient monthly salary, she can qualify for sponsorship even if she isn’t employed in one of the professions mentioned above.
- What are the documents required for a UAE family visa application?
- UAE Visa Application Form (you can apply online or through a registered typing office)
- Medical clearance certificate for all family members over the age of 18
- A copy of the sponsor’s employment or company contract.
- Proof of the sponsor’s monthly salary.
- Proof of accommodation in UAE, e.g., registered tenancy contract
- The latest utility bill of your residence.
- Passport copies of all the family members/members who are being sponsored.
- Passport-size pictures of all the family members/members who are being sponsored.
- Attested legal marriage certificate.
- How to Apply for UAE Family Visa?
The first step is to get an entry permit for your family member/members. You or your employer has to apply for an entry permit. The permit allows the family members/members to join you in the UAE.
There are two ways to apply for Entry Permit.
- The Overall Directorate of Residency and Outsiders Undertakings (GDRFA)
- For your convenience, there is a GDRFA Dubai mobile app for Apple and Android in the App Store and Play Store respectively.
- In-person: If you apply in person, then you have to do it through one of the licensed typing centers of the GDRFA in each Emirate or If you’re in Dubai you can apply through one of the Amer centers within Dubai.
- Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- The ICA eChanel portal
- The mobile apps are available for Apple and Android in the App Store and Play Store respectively.
- How to apply for the UAE Family Visa after entering UAE?
UAE Family visa can be sponsored by either the expat (Sponsor) or his/her employer(company).
The UAE Family Visa is a type of Residence Visa therefore you have to apply on behalf of your family members within 60 days of entering the country through the Entry Permit provision. You have to submit the Family Visa application at the offices of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in the relevant Emirate.